Tuesday, June 22, 2010
8:57 PM ●

Took a walk along clarke quay in the evening. Paused at a particular spot by the river. The memories somehow just floated back into my mind. It's a wonder how I can remember almost everything that had happened at that place before once i'm there. Walked back with a heavy heart. A million things flying through my mind.

People told me, what's past is past, it will never come back, don't dwell on it anymore. Forget the past and move on to the future. But is the past that easily forgotten? Is the future worth anticipating? It's all dark to me. Why should we forget our past? Isn't that equals to forgetting our roots? Shouldn't our past be our stepping stone to achieving greater heights? The future is a big big question mark while our past is a full stop. The memories, brings both joy and sorrow to me, but I still enjoy spending time walking down memory lane. All alone, it's the time i get to be who I really am, doing what I really want to. Sometimes i just don't understand myself too.

Forget the past, cherish the present, embrace the future?

xxxxxx

( Run to the city. )