Saturday, January 14, 2012
10:08 PM ●

This week has indeed been eventful. Filled with ups and downs, it's like a rollercoaster ride that left me drained and exhausted. At times I think, this is it. This is the end, the last of so many years. I thought alot into the future, but thoughts are often just left as thoughts. Reality is never as wonderful as what we think it to be. I wonder. This marks the end. All else are better left as memories, memories that I will treasure, forever.

I think I've got my priorities all wrong, I think I'm unworthy. To be honest, after one year, I still haven't found my direction. I haven't experienced for myself. I haven't changed a single bit. I'm unworthy.

Life is indeed unpredictable. A month ago I just saw him, strong and fit, alive and kicking. Now, nobody knows what has happened to him for the past 34 hours and who knows what's gonna happen to him for the next few hours to go? We're all keeping vigil but something in our head is telling us to be prepared. Some things are just hard to accept, like matters of life and death. It takes time, but it will heal, one day. All we're hoping for is that a miracle will suffice and he'll return.

Sometimes it just feels like a hole in my heart. I'm seeing all the sufferings in the family but there's just nothing I can do and yet I have to act as if I'm unaffected. Everything I do has to be behind closed doors so that I wouldn't cause my parents more undue worry. It's tiring and mentally draining. There's no one to talk to when you desperately need someone to be there for you and at the same time you have to be that strong daughter of theirs. It's tiring. When you need a shoulder to lean on and there's none. When you need a pat on the back to keep you going and you don't get any. When the time comes and all you wanna do is quit. When everything's building up on the inside, I know that one day, just one day, it'll reach breaking point.

Dear Lord, I pray for all my family members who are going through a difficult period of time right now. I pray that you will grant them the strength to stand up and move on no matter what happens in the family. I pray for my grandfather who's aged and ailing, that the trial medicine he's been taking will work for him, that he won't feel so lethargic everyday, that his cancer cells will stop spreading and most importantly, that he will enjoy the last few years of his life. Please also guide me as I go through this very important year of my life. I pray that I have the ability to support the people around me in their times of need, that I will be able to stay strong whatever happens and not crumble, that I will learn to set my priorities right and that I will be able to find a direction in my life soon. Amen.

xxxxxx

( Run to the city. )